Top Ten by Bryce Langford
We love a lot of things at here at ThreeLeaf. We love design and development. We love making fun of hipsters. We love our Keurig. But more than anything else, we love to argue. This morning, due to a poor use of a Back to the Future II quote, we had a lively discussion about the top ten movies of the 80s. It all started with the statement, "The Man from Snowy River is the greatest movie of the 80s." After much arguing and Googling, we've put together our list of the top 10 movies from the 80s. And yes, they are in order.
1.RAD- This biking classic made you believe your 9 year old hobby could just land you a career and the girl.
2. The Karate Kid- Seriously, if you don't quote this movie at least once a week, you were probably home-schooled.
3. Ferris Bueller's Day Off- Teen Angst at its greatest. Plus it might also be the greatest use of a Beatles song in history.
4. Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade- Listen, they were all 3 good in their own way. But this one introduced the importance of the Holiness of Communion to a new generation.
5. Top Gun- Airplanes,Men's Volleyball, Val Kilmer, and Meg Ryan. All of these were only cool in the 80s.
6. Airplane- Explained the complexity of the "Auto-Pilot."
7. Spaceballs- "I'm a Mog. Half-man, half-dog. I'm my own best friend." Simply Brilliant.
8. Hoosiers- Gene Hackman got the job, the team, the girl, and the championship. While Dennis Hopper just got drunk.
9. Breakfast Club- Besides the Mighty Ducks franchise, arguably Emilio Estevez' strongest performance.
10. Pee Wee's Big Adventure- Creepy. Even before the sexual allegations and jail time.
So this is our Top Ten. There are a lot of "Greats" that didn't make the list. Staff favs that didn't make the cut:
Tony- The Empire Strikes Back
Bryce- The Man from Snowy River